Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mesh Wreath - Green and Silver

This one will be a Christmas present for my dear hubby's pseudo-grandparents.

The supplies (all 50% off at Hobby Lobby, or already in my stash):
  • 1 roll each: dark green, moss green 21" deco mesh
  • 1 roll 10" silver deco mesh
  • green wreath frame (I bought one with the wire things already attached - about the same price as a plain one because of the sale)
  • small silver ornaments
  • 3" wide ribbon (you can buy a lifetime supply at Costco for $10)
  • silver deco mesh tubing

I went darkest to lightest - using the darkest green on the outer ring only.

Lighter green went next - alternating between outer and inner rings.

Finish with once around with the 10" silver mesh, alternating between the inner and outer rings. I went around once more with the ribbon (always try to keep the pretty side toward the front). I then made loops with the tubing and attached it to the wire frame with pipe cleaners. I think symmetry is for anal retentive people. The beauty is in the unpredictability.
I finished by attaching some small ornaments to pipe cleaners and wrapping them around the wire frame. If I were to do this project again, I would have opted for the larger size ornaments. But I think it is one of my favorite projects so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment